Sunday 24 February 2013

Getting to know each other!


Kia ora kouto and welcome to Room 15's blog for 2013!

It is very exciting to be starting the new year with such a wonderful group of learners!

Over the past few weeks we have been working together to learn about one another; our variety of cultures and beliefs,  to enable us to relate to one another in a way that creates a positive and supportive learning environment.

Our focus has been on our learning; what learning is, what learning looks like, what learning sound like, what learning feels like, what helps our learning, what stops our learning and what our purpose is here at Elm Park School.






We used our ideas to create a display on our wall which helps to remind us of how we can get the most out of our day together as learners.


As a classroom, we decided on a set of learning criteria for room 15 to include in our display;

  • Help each other.
  • Try our best at each task.
  • Listening skills displayed.
  • Discussion on topic, otherwise we are silent.
  • Focus on our learning.
  • Ignore distractions.

We also set a whole class goal to enable learning within room 15;

Our learning goal is to help others whenever they ask!

We then each set our own individual learning goals for term 1, the things that would help us to best learn each day.

"My goal for learning is to focus on my work and learning. My goal for learning is no talking to my friends when I am doing my work" - ST

"My goal for learning is to ignore distractions and get on with my work" - SE

"My goal for learning is to try my best, be focused on my learning and to finish my work on time" - KB

As the year progresses we will continue to update our learning journey through our blog. We hope that our visitors will feel free to make comments and ask questions to help us reflect on our journey.

Welcome once again and keep coming back!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HI I am back great job

Unknown said...

HI Mrs lashley thanks for the new account. well done. :)

Unknown said...

GREAT JOB

Unknown said...

HI neat work. WELLDONE in your planning.!!!

Unknown said...

we've got heaps of things to do
Tidy up our new house
get our schools set
clean our pool in the new house
try move in our new house next week
And buy a microwave


Plus your work is quit neat
welldone And try your best.! keep it up

Unknown said...

Hi Room 15, I love your Blog page well done. I am glad there are so many Lively learners in your room. I can see you have so many exciting things happening in your room this year. I will come and visit in person to see you all soon. Keep up your wonderful learning.
Mrs Plowright